5909 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Web Interface or Telnet menu on 4000M

Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Bizarre!
In the CLI, if you type Exit, do you exit Telnet?

I try to reproduce the same thing on my switches...
Alan Koop
Occasional Advisor

yes, if I type Exit I get disconnected from the device.
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

mmm, I have no more Idea. It look like you dont have any permission to acces the swtich...

Speak with Procuve support from HP. They will suggest you probably to reload your device and put the latest software in it.

If its an internal problem and cant be solved, they will replace the switches. Procuve device are life warranties I think.

Sorry I can't do more...
When the problem will be solve, post the answer for future knowledge!

Tx
Marc
Alan Koop
Occasional Advisor

Did Cisco write the OS for the Procurve devices? The cli looks just like the Cisco IOS.
Chris Bullock_1
Frequent Advisor

once you get to the switch# type 'configure terminal
this should give you a switch#(configure)
then type web-management plaintext or ssl
this should give you web access
Ardon
Trusted Contributor

Alan. I am pretty sure you were not connected to a ProCurve 4000M.Reason why I think you were not telnetting to the 4000M is based on the fact that when you typed "menu" it tried to resolve over DNS while you just should have gotton "Login Failed".
Also you stated that you only get a prompt which (based on what I saw in your other postings) is NOT the correct one as you should also see a banner identifying the box as a ProCurve 4000M (and no sole prompt).

Do you have physical access? If so you can reset the password by pressing the Clear Button on the front of the 4000M for about 10 seconds. All other settings are retained.Using the Console I would check on the configured IP Address.

In addition. The 4000M (like 8000M/2424M/1600M)default primary interface is the Menu. You can get to a Command Prompt from the Main Menu by choosing Option #5 (Diagnostics) and then Option #4 (Command Prompt).
Newer ProCurve Switches like the 28XX,53XX, 41XX, 34XX etc. have the CLI as default primary interface (which can be changed to "Menu"). The "Menu" command does NOT apply to the 4000M Switches.

Regards, Ardon
ProCurve Networking Engineer