1748227 Members
4553 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Web console freezes

Vu_7
Occasional Contributor

Web console freezes

When I access the Security tab in the Web access, if I click on any of the subtabs, a java console pops up "Password needed - Networking" but the screen stops responding immediately. Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Web console freezes

I suspect that your JRE is set to use some sort of proxy and that is causing the authentication prompt. If that's not it, try a newer version of JRE.
Vu_7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Les,

I have checked my Internet Explorer browser settings and the Java settings and neither had the Proxy set. I've tried "use browser settings" and "use direct connection" setting in the Java console but still with no success. I thought it might have been because I was using the MSN toolbar, so I removed it, restarted, but still with no success. I am able to connect to those subtabs from other workstations, but I have still yet to find any difference, except for the version of Java I'm using on the problem workstation. It is using Java version 1.504. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Vu
Gonzo Granello
Valued Contributor

Sometimes it seems that older Versions of JRE work better since it takes time to implement new stuff...therefore my suggestion would be to try something like a 1.4.xx just to rule that out. I know going back might cause other apps to fail - however to troubleshoot the issue I don't see much other choice if you are sure that everything else has been tried. Within reason I can confirm that 1.4.02 works here, and some of the ProCurve boxes actually like the MSVM better than JRE anyway but that is quite a couple of steps backward and not really workable..... Hope that helps a little.

GG
most time the day i have to mask my contempt for the a-holes in charge......