Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1748185 Members
3892 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Web management interface broken after firmware update

Web management interface broken after firmware update

I have three new switches (2 x 6600-48, and 1 5406zl). I had to update the firmware to get them to work with the SFP+ direct attach cables. I updated to K.14.60 using a TFTP server using the instructions included with the package.
The switches seem to be working perfectly except that the web management interface appears to be broken for all three. When I attempt to connect to port 80 using telnet the connection fails. It seems they aren't even listening.
I know the web interface worked before the upgrade. Has anybody seen this before or have any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

Re: Web management interface broken after firmware update

When I attempt to connect to port 80 using telnet the connection fails
??????

very nolmal telnet port use port 23
cenk

EckerA
Respected Contributor

Hi,
have you tried to reanable the web management with:
conf
web-man
wr mem

hth
alex
macrocozm
Advisor

> When I attempt to connect to port 80 using
> telnet the connection fails
> ??????

> very nolmal telnet port use port 23

What can I say, telnet still lives on!

Yesterday I rebooted the switches for probably the 7th time since the firmware update and the web interface came up normally. I didn't get a chance to try EckerA's suggestion, but I appreciate the input as I didn't try that as a troubleshooting method.

For the record. I'm aware telnet is on port 23. The telnet client acts as a useful troubleshooting tool to determine if network devices is listening on a certain port (like 80 for a web service). In fact I know people that can send a complete email message by using a telnet client to connect to an SMTP server.