Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1748129 Members
3515 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Webadmin xl5304

Mikael Salder

Webadmin xl5304

When i'm trying to use the webadmin for the xl5304 the routing stops. After app 5min it's up and running again. Telnet session works ok.
I use HP Insight manager 7 management server and using XP on my laptop. Bugs/upgrade?

-Micke idre/sweden
4 REPLIES 4
Ralph Bean_2
Trusted Contributor

Re: Webadmin xl5304

Hello Micke -

What version of OS are you running on the 5304? What type (IE vs Netscape vs Opera vs ...) of browser are you using? What version browser? What type (Microsoft vs Sun) of java and what version of java?

Regards,
Ralph
Mikael Salder

Hallo Ralph!
OS Version E06.03 on 5304, Im using IE6.0 The problem is Java i think, because i have to log on two times,one standard and one java. (Not like befor)I've uninstalled sun java and installed MS Viritualmachine but vhen im trying to log on to HP Insight manager i have to install sun java from the server to be able to log in. Java ver 1.4.1_04, viritual machine 1.4.1_04b01
Ralph Bean_2
Trusted Contributor

Hello Mikael -

There have been various significant fixes to the 5304xl firmware related to Sun java use on clients, such as Problem Report # 82530 (see ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/59906004-e5.pdf) and several others.

OS E.08.01 has a very good level of Sun java compatibility. I suggest you upgrade to that version and see whether the problems go away.

Regards,
Ralph
Mikael Salder

Thanx Ralph i'will follow your advise.
Have a nice day!