5480 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Wireless Services Module WebAuth Timeout

David_UNL
Occasional Advisor

Wireless Services Module WebAuth Timeout

Hello

We have a Wireless Services Module installed in 5400 series switch.

We have it setup to use Web Auth into a guest vlan, we can logon without issue, and everything works as expected...

However if once you have finished your session, if you dont click the Disconnect link on the webpage, you session never ends. You can disconnect from the Wireless network, come back a couple of weeks later, and connect to the wireless network, and you will already be connected, without been requsted for your details.

Ideally, I would like users to have to authenticate every 12 hours...

Is this possible?

Cheers
David
7 REPLIES 7
Eric Belanger75

Hi David,

I have the exact same issue with my 5406 switch and wireless services module, any luck finding a solution?

Thanks,
Eric
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

in the network setup>wlan setup>edit>radius configuration window, there is a reauth button to check, with a time field...

try that...

look in:
http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/WESM-zl-MgmtCfg-Feb2008-59918626.pdf

section 5 (web auth), pg 5-13

hth...jeff
Eric Belanger75

I tried that already but no luck. I spoke to tech support and they told me there was a fix for this problem in version WT.01.19. This firmware is not out yet but is available through tech support. I've just installed it and currently testing to see if the problem is actually fixed. I'll post my results once done.

Eric
David_UNL
Occasional Advisor

Thanks guys - Jeff, like Eric I have that set, but it doesnt seems to make any difference.

Eric - will be interested to get your feedback on the new firmware.

Thanks
David
David_UNL
Occasional Advisor

Eric

Did you have any luck?

Cheers
David
Eric Belanger75

I was able to resolve this problem. I first installed the newer firmware as suggested by HP but that didn't to fix anything. I then configured accounting on my WLAN with radius. It looks like you need this configured in order for IDM to know when a session has ended. When i first set this up it didn't work because there was a couple of ACLs blocking RADIUS accounting packets on port 1813 between my WESM and my RADIUS server. Once I added a couple of ACEs to allow the packets through, IDM started to report accurate session information.

Not sure if the firmware upgrade was necessary. The only to find out would be to revert back to version 1.15 and try it out.

I hope this helps,
Eric
David_UNL
Occasional Advisor

Eric - thanks I finally got the firmware from hp - and yes, it improved my issue.

I have a couple of machine I am testing with... with the old firmware WT.01.15 the first time a machine connected to the WebAuth protected WLAN, they would get the WebAuth pages, and every connection after that until the WESM was rebooted they were not required to authenticate.

With the new firmware (WT.01.19) *most* machines are prompted for authentication every time they connect - this is great!

However, Im lost as to they other machine are not.

From the debug logs - logs need to be read bottom up....

From hp nc4200 notebook:
Dec 09 03:49:56 2008: %USER-6-INFO: espd: Client does not have any ACLs : 0166f6
Dec 09 03:49:56 2008: %USER-6-INFO: espd: User Does not have any HpVsa
Dec 09 03:49:56 2008: %USER-6-INFO: espd: Radius Packet is not NULL, rad_pkt_si6
Dec 09 03:49:56 2008: %DAEMON-5-NOTICE: radiusd[1406]: Login OK: [ben] (from cl)
Dec 09 03:49:56 2008: %CC-6-WEBAUTHSUCCESS: Station 00-16-6F-3A-0E-56 web authe1
Dec 09 03:49:55 2008: %CC-6-STATIONASSOC: Station 00-16-6F-3A-0E-56 associated 1

from hp 6740b notebook:
Dec 09 03:52:13 2008: %DAEMON-6-INFO: hotspotsrvr[12631]: 192.168.230.178 - - ""
Dec 09 03:51:12 2008: %CC-6-STATIONASSOC: Station 00-16-EA-B7-63-E2 associated 1

Every time the nc4200 connects, it is automatically authenticated - however when the 6730p connects it is displayed the webauth page to authenticate - great! just need to get this to work for ALL devices now!

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
David