1753253 Members
4338 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Won't boot since we instaled modem.

Victor_125
Occasional Advisor

Won't boot since we instaled modem.

When you first turn it on, it boots up until this comes up on the screen. ???Press to Enter Setup???. When you press F-2 nothing happens, but if the reset button is pressed, it then starts rebooting the second time and the message ???Previous Boot Incomplete ??? Default configuration Used??? it goes on booting until the message ???Press to resume, to Setup.??? When F-1 is pressed it completes the boot up and all works OK. This is a problem whenever some one turns on the computer. I am a little dense on correcting this problem and would appreciate some help or directed where to look for a solution. Vic.
3 REPLIES 3
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Re: Won't boot since we instaled modem.

Hi Vic,
This forum is wrong. Post it a Workstation forum.

Your problem may be CMOS battery can't keep PC configuration.

Bye
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Have you removed the modem? Sounds like it has caused a major conflict. Do you get any beeps when it comes up? What kind of PC are we talking about? I hope the modem card was not installed crooked so that it wasn't plugged in all the way or that you didn't try to install it with power on.

Ron
Juan_42
Occasional Contributor

I need information of the problema of my modem my modem is a Lucent win Modem and I install succefull the driver but I received the error code 10.
when help me?

Thanks

(sorry for my very poor english)

Juan