108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: about routing

pravin.bhavsar
Occasional Contributor

about routing

Hi,

I have two connection.

one is leased line & we are getting internet from there.

default route is pointing to leased line connection like 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.180.20
in that route we have internet filteing.& disable downloading from ftp.

now my one internal host 192.168.151.40 want internet from dsl connection its ip is 192.168.180.19 so it's have all downloading rights.

it is possible.

please give me the solution.

thanks & regards,
pravin
3 REPLIES 3
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Hi

Nothing impossible, thats for sure.
But you didn't mention anything about your devices (switches - routers - firewalls).

Anyway, since you are in HP forum, i guess you have HP switches, and in this case you can't do that in the normal ways because you need policy based routing.

Basically the routing switch ( or router/firewall) will check the destination then forward the packet according to the routing table.

In your case, it has to check the source address as well, and thats called policy based routing, and unfortunately you can;t do that with any of ProCurve switches (except the 9300).

Suggestion:
Leave the switches, and do that on your Router if you have a good one and i think you do since you have a leased line.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
pravin.bhavsar
Occasional Contributor

Hi sorry i can not given any topology so you have some confusion so here is the topology.

i have cisco 4503 layer 3 switch it is connected to 2801 cisco router & CISCO PIX FIREWALL.

now my leased line connected to router & dsl line connected to pix firewall.

now my default route is pointing to leased line & dsl line is for backup purpose.

now i want to route my one internal host can get internet from dsl connection so any download is completed from that dsl line because we most of not using that dsl line so we think that any download can done from dsl link.

please give me some solution about that.

thanks & regards,

pravin
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Hi

I thought you have ProCurve, but it seems you have ..... , , anyway :)

The 4500 switches series support policy based routing,
And here is the link to configure it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008082a252.html

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone