1753753 Members
4978 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: bios downgrade

alec_4
Occasional Contributor

bios downgrade

I have a zt1180, which I recently downloaded a new bios for and flashed successfully (ibm110.exe, bios 1.10) for zt****.

After doing so, the sound stopped working. As far as windows is concerned, the sound is still working, and it plays sounds, mp3s etc and has the soundcard installed and all, but there is no sound coming out of the speakers. The sound controls are all up on max, and if I listen REALLY closely in my headphones I can hear VERY faint sound coming out.

So my guess is this bios version did not play nice with the via ac97 sound in this laptop, so I want to try and downgrade to bios 1.02 (the previous version) but I cant find this anywhere online, and HP ofcourse only lets you download the latest version.

Does anyone have this version of the bios?
3 REPLIES 3
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

I'm not HP guy, but I feel astonishing that they would release a version not working with your hardware. 2 suggestions :
- go into your bios, and check your parameters, maybe you have an irq not set for your sound device, or its unactivated and so on...
- get the latest drivers too ! You know the page :
http://h20004.www2.hp.com/soar_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix73250de_DE.html#BIOS
Post here your bios details about sound stuff if it doesn't work, sure s.o. will guide you up.

hth
Jerome
You can lean only on what resists you...
mansour_4

I hava a zt1170 and I recently downloaded a new bios for and flashed it successfully (ibm110.exe ) and the same thing happend to me , no sound from speakers and little sound from headphone in max! I want to downgrade to previous version, is there any place that I can download the previous version of bios! please help
thank you
alec_4
Occasional Contributor

This was over a year ago now, but if I remember right, this was my cause of action:
1. Make sure _all_ drivers where up to date.
2. Asked here (and forgot to thank the guy who replied above, although I already had everything updated).
3. Cold rebooted the laptop (as in unplugging the power cord AND the battery, then click the power button to make sure all little electrons that still may sit around in some capacitor goes byebye), then waiting a few seconds and then hooking everything back up again).

Step 3 did the trick for me.