4904 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

broke PSU fan HP 2920 PoE switch

bruzski
Occasional Advisor

broke PSU fan HP 2920 PoE switch

hello all,

I recently bought a second hand HP procurve 2920 24G PoE switch but with cleaning the insides of dust i accidentally broke the PSU fan, can I order a new psu fan online ?? type of power unit is HP J9738A

can someone help me finding a new psu fan??

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: broke PSU fan HP 2920 PoE switch

The PSU Fan on a HP/Aruba 2920 Switch is not a FRU (Field-Replaceable Unit)...so if you have broken it, at best, you should change the entire PSU module.

If you just broke the PSU Fan only and you feel brave enough to experience the DIY Do-It-Yourself way (a way of action that will broke the warranty of your Aruba 2920 and expose your unit to unpredictable results, potetial damage and, what's worst, potentially expose you to electrical hazards) you can carefully look for the Part Number (usually it's printed on the FAN label attacched on the fan body) and try to see if it is a purchaseable part...if you're lucky you could find it...pay attention that Part Number should match exactly otherwise the fan will not work (also cabling connector is important, it must match too)...but, after all, that isn't my suggested way of action (you're the sole responsible in doing so)...If I were you I will look for a new working PSU.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
bruzski
Occasional Advisor

Re: broke PSU fan HP 2920 PoE switch

hi parnassus,

i could not find a part number on the fan body, my best guess is that the type is a 4 pin "Delta" psu fan ? i have a 165w 2920 non poE psu lying around, i wonder if it houses the same type of psu fan.