Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753482 Members
4252 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

connection problem by modem

joeE500

connection problem by modem

I use a Armada E500 notebook for several years, but after I reinstall windows XP professional sp2 and related drivers for hardware, I can not use modem to dial up to connect to internet.
The modem driver works, because I can dial up and process user name and password checking. But the blue screen suddenly come out just at the moment after varified user name and password to start connection. I tried many times, it always suddenly show blue screen and show error messege (some info like momery out of range.....), the detail info can be found in the attached dump files.
Before reinstall windows, I use same xp sp2, the dial up connection works well, but now I do not know what happens to my system.
If someone has idea, please tell me, I really need to dial up connection.

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

Re: connection problem by modem

i can't seem to located the type of bugcheck in the info you've attached, but it's probably a driver related stop. i'd put money on outdated or incorrect modem drivers.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
joeE500

Re: connection problem by modem

the file I attached is windows dump file, I also do not know how to open it.
I have updated modem driver to the newest version on the support download site for (Lucent win modem), but the problem is still there. I have tried to change the modulation from "standard" to "non-standard (Bell, HST)" in control panel-phone and modem-modem-lucent win modem-property-advanced-change default preference-advanced-modulation. After changing it works, but only one time, then the problem come out again and again.
hope someone can help me soon.
thanks