3933 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

error with trafficd, traffic monitor is blind

LADROUZ_1
Occasional Contributor

error with trafficd, traffic monitor is blind

Hi ,
Since my upgrade to Procurve Manager+ 1.6 ,Ms visual C++ debugger repport constantly an error on line 980 in trafficd .
The discovery process run well but traffic monitor do not show stat on the ports managed (5308xl's).
Any one idear on this prob ?
Second ,
How can i exploit PCM+ to manage QOS and TOS in my network (5308xl switchs) , is there a howto ?
Best to all .

3 REPLIES 3
Hector Manzo
HPE Pro

Re: error with trafficd, traffic monitor is blind

Hi,

I don't know if you have already tried installing the latest patches found on the software HP web site : http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/network_management.htm

Try installing Patch A and if you wish also install the find node patch. If you still see the problem send me a snapshot of where you see the error messages.
I'm assuming the error message are displayed in the event log in PCM?

You don't see stats from 5308 switches. You probably have already done so, but have you added the device and the individual ports to traffic monitor? How do you identify that no data is being collected? Are you collecting stats or sflow data?

Could you be more specific on what you would like to try to accomplish with PCM as far as QOS and TOS?
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

LADROUZ_1
Occasional Contributor

Bonjour ,
For patch and find node ,this is done .
i send you by attachement a screen of the error .
I already add switch ports to traffic monitor , ports represent link between backbone switch (data flow is hight , get info using CLI on switch).
Thank .
Hector Manzo
HPE Pro

What's the frequency of this error?
Have you noticed if it's trigged by a specific event?

The error you see indicates a bad memory pointer.
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo