Switches, Hubs, and Modems
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 


stewart Wilmot
Occasional Contributor


do i need to carry out the courses in order to take exams? I am a little confused, my understanding of the system is that i attend the course, get a HP student ID and then i take the exam.

This will be rather costly when i feel my knowledge is good enough to get through the basic courses.
Please advise
Janet Lehr
Occasional Visitor

Re: exams

Hello Stewart,

you are not required to attend the training courses if you feel that you have the necessary knowledge to pass the exams. You will need an HP Student ID and a Prometric ID in order to register for the exams. If you do not have them, you can go to the HP Certified Professional site for Europe, and click on 'Start here' in the left nav bar to get instructions. (Note step 5 indicates that training is highly recommended by not required)

good luck!
Janet Lehr
ProCurve Certification Manager