1752802 Members
6049 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hello from poland

lucas_29
Advisor

hello from poland

i have compaq presario 2500. also have problems with conexant modem. according to my competence AT&CLS Command is not fundamental in effective dial-up conecting. i saw query modem info that had this command not supported but they were working ok. AT is one of the command that u can configure manualy. if u are iterested i'll send a catalog of basic modem commands. my problem is: when I try to establish dial-up connect info patch shows error 680: the device is not responding. all configurations and cables are good. computer is finding the device.
8 REPLIES 8
Bill Dickson
Frequent Advisor

Re: hello from poland

try going into the device manager and remove the modem and then restart computer and see if modem is detected and the driver is put back in. If it comes backand driver is put in and still cannot connect probably a bad modem
Grooming: the process by which the dirt on the horse is transferred to the groom.
lucas_29
Advisor

yes, Bill probably you're right. I had my drivers reinstaled and there is still the same problem. Thanks for reply
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Lucas,

Try using Hyperterm to talk to your modem.

http://www.modemsite.com/56k/x2-hyperterm.asp

Ron
lucas_29
Advisor

Yes Ron, good point - I've tried to talk to my modem also with hyperterminal and:
- when i make an incoming call to my computer - it registers the incoming call but cannot receive it
- it cannot make an outgoing call, the number i try to connect is not registering any phone calls
- there maybe an issue with cables cause neither the phone plug is attached to my computer nor is unpluged the modem reacts the same way: error 680, and sounds like the one in the telephone when line is busy; i guess my modem just can't see the phone line; i have two lines to my disposal: the telephone line (1)and the one from my manufacturer (2) - but i cant connect neither using 1 nor 2; i've compared them - they are not the same; number of lines in 1 is the same as in 2 [two lines in RJ11 plug] but placed in different position.
HRE
Valued Contributor

Hi Lucas!

At first you'll check which lines are connected to your wall outlet and if they are corresponding to your cable. Normally the RJ11 connector has the analog lines on mid contacts.
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

GO borrow the phone line form the nearest fax machine for a test. It could be that your jack is not properly pinned or that it is not a POTS line.
lucas_29
Advisor

that's it the modem was broken.

i had to replace it with new external one placed on PCMCIA sock.

Anyway, thanks everyone who was willing to help me try to fix the problem.

Regards
lucas_29
Advisor

broken device