New Discussion юеВ

hp1910 clients loose connection

mwmwmw
Occasional Visitor

hp1910 clients loose connection

Hello,

we have a hp1910 switch and a cat5e patch panel

connection switch - patch panel via cat 5e cable

connection patch panel - computer client via cat 7, two computers use one cable (4 out of 8 conductors for each computer)

Out of 16 computers there are 3 computers who can't establish a connection to a server on the same switch (when 16 pupils try to login at the same time).

As the above described hardware connection is kind of crazy, I think the problem is network hardware.

Does anyone know why we have this problem (ports are configured: auto speed, auto duplex)

How can i debug such a problem on the hp1910 switch? I didnt find any errors on the ports...

Thanks for any help

Markus

2 REPLIES 2
Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

Re: hp1910 clients loose connection

You need all four pairs for Gigabit, and you can't necessarily rely on it negotiating down if only two pairs are present. Try setting the ports to Auto 10/100, and see if that works better.

mwmwmw
Occasional Visitor

Re: hp1910 clients loose connection

Thanks for your reply. I set ports to 100M fix, no problems so far.

What bothers me: both before and after reduction to 100M i didnt get any network errors (in "interface statistics"). Do you have any idea how this problem can be debugged? (I want to set just a few to 100M, because the server and a nas among others go directly via cat 7 into the switch).

Thanks,

Markus