Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752273 Members
4634 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO 2 Recurring Lost Connection Problem!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bonowski
Occasional Advisor

those are the exact configurations for this server, but these are live webservers...they won't go into hibernation.

i changed the port on the switch which they're connected to 10 Full, but still couldn't ping.
Bonowski
Occasional Advisor

Another Update: I patched the iLO and a laptop into a hub, configured the laptop with the appropriate IP to correspond with the iLO...and still I couldn't ping it.

My guess is this proves any networking problem wrong, so its something locally on each server.
ed k.
Honored Contributor

Do you use the dedicated iLO 2 port instead of the Shared Network Port?
Are you connecting the Shared Network Port to a dual mode 10/100 Mb/s hub or switch?
After change of the settings did you reboot the box?
:-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
Bonowski
Occasional Advisor

They are dedicated ports, set to Auto.

Weird thing is, when I go into the server and go to the HP System Management Homepage - and I reboot the iLO from there, it works again.

HP techs are saying that the system boards on all 6 servers are bad, meaning that they all went bad at the exact same time.
mitchdoan

Hello all,

Currently i have the same issue with one of my server, the configuration settings seems ok, other servers work properly. I need install Windows for that server via ILO. But I can't have a proper connection for that server, the network connection was down periodically.

the ILO page sometimes shows this message:

Network Access Message: The page cannot be displayed
Technical Information (for Support personnel)
Error Code: 504 Proxy Timeout. The connection timed out. (10060)
IP Address: 10.187.67.53
Date: 10/3/2008 6:12:00 PM
Server: sgpisa01.xxx.xxx.xxx
Source: proxy

Would you please advise me what I can do to resolve this issue, thank you in advance
Rik-Bel
Advisor

Hi, is there already a solution for this?

We have 8 DL380 G5 and one causes a lot of connection troubles.

KR
Craig W
Advisor

Hello, I just came across this HP Advisory which may be helpfull.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01452373〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=397989

Regards,Craig W.