4847 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ligne numerique

SOLVED
Go to solution
Francine Simard

ligne numerique

j'essai de branch├й sur internet avec une ligne t├йl├йphonique num├йrique. j'ai Windows xp et un modem 56K AClink, est-ce possible avec ce genre de modem? si oui, de quel fa├зon je peut le faire? Est-ce que je dois modifi├й mon modem afin de lui faire savoir que mon signal n'est pas analogique?

p.s. mon fournisseur internet me confirme que je devrais branch├й avec une ligne num├йri
8 REPLIES 8
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor
Solution

If I understand you correctly, you have a digital telephone line and you want to use a standard analog modem to connect to your ISP?

Won't work without extra equipment unless your telephone has an analog jack on it (where you can plug in the modem) and even then you may have to manually dial the number. Depends on the maker of the telephone. They make little gadgets that connect to the handset cord that allow you to interface with most digital telephones but again with some you still have to manually dial the number.

Who makes or provides your telephone? Talk to your telephone company.

Ron
Francine Simard

my English is not good, but... I hope that you will be able to understand me.

Which is this little instrument which would enable me to connect on a numerical line and where can one find it? what is that "analog jack"? how I can know if my telephone has one.
the line is of commercial type used in the majority of the companies.
My modem dial the number but does not communicate with server.

Thank you for information.
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

You still did not say what brand of telephone equipment you have. If your phone has an analog jack, you should be able to see it and the manual for the phone should descibe it.

What you are looking for is generally referred to as an "analog telephone adaptor" or ATA for short (well... at least in English).
Francine Simard

my phone not having adaptator ATA, what can I do? is what I owe abandoned any hope to connected on this telephone line.

model phone: meridian M2006 (nortel)

discouraged Net surfer...
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Well, that describes only the handset, not the PBX. It is very likely that the PBX can provide analog lines and you should contact your phone administrator. There are also 3rd party ATAs you could buy but they would need to be matched to the PBX.
Francine Simard

Thank you for the technical support, I will contact the personnel of telecom to have more information. I believe that I could get a phone with adapter ATA.
thank you very much
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Phones with built-in ATA are often found in Hotel rooms but I don't for a moment suggest that you help yourself to one. ;)

You may be better off to just get an analog line from the PBX or if it for infrequent use, borrow the line the fax machine is plugged into.
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor