Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1745801 Members
3334 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

multiple RADIUS server groups on 2910al?

MullT
Frequent Advisor

multiple RADIUS server groups on 2910al?

Hi,

I have a question to all 2910al owners, as I can´t find any information about this, yet.

As the 2910al seems to be a cut down 3500yl, I´m asking myself whether I should that one, as I don´t e.g. need PoE.

Could someone please tell me whether multiple RADIUS server groups for 802.1x are supported on the 2910al?

4 REPLIES 4
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Re: multiple RADIUS server groups on 2910al?

from 2910 access-security guide :
>>>
RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service) enables you to use up to three servers (one primary server and one or two backups)
The switch accesses the servers in the order in which they are listed by show radius
<<<
no server groups mentioned in this guide.
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

although i did not look up this specific switch, all the other procurve switches support defining up to 3 radius server hosts...i would expect this switch to be no different...

but i have not seen anything defined like "radius server groups" in any procurve switches, simply individual radius server host entries with a max of 3...

example of command:

radius-server host 10.1.1.199 key 123456

hth...jeff
MullT
Frequent Advisor

Well, for 3500yl it exists.

From http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/yl-zl-RelNotes-K1351-59914720.pdf

"Release K.13.51 Enhancements
Release K.13.51 includes the following enhancements.
â   Enhancement â Support is added for the J9154A HP ProCurve ONE Services zl Module.
â   Enhancement (PR_0000003144) â Support is added for multiple RADIUS groups.
RADIUS Server Groups
Overview
The authentication and accounting features on the switch can use up to three RADIUS servers, a
primary server and two backup servers. This feature allow the RADIUS servers to be put into a group.
The same three RADIUS servers would continue to be used. Up to 5 groups of RADIUS servers can
Enhancements
Release K.13.51 Enhancements
be configured. The authentication and accounting features can choose which RADIUS server group
to communicate with. End-user authentication methods (802.1X, MAC-based and web-based) can
authenticate with different RADIUS servers from the management interface authentication methods
(console, telnet, ssh, web)."

The question is whether the 2910al also supports it?
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

my bad...i hadn't looked at the latest code/release notes yet...

thanx for the info!!!

i don't see it in the latest W.14.29 2910al code either...

you may want to contact procurve tech support and see if they know if or when it will be supported on the 2910al...

cheers...jeff