5646 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: passwordless ssh on hp 2626

Rizal-DE
Occasional Contributor

passwordless ssh on hp 2626

Hi,

I've got an hp 2626 with latest firmware. I'm tring to get the public key onto the switch for passwordless ssh logins. However, the copy tftp command doesn't work. I try to go into the menu and enable tftp but, it returns with "inconsistent value". any ideas on how to transfer my client public key to the switch?
3 REPLIES 3
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

syntax would be
copy tftp pub-key-file

where do you try to copy from?
"enable tftp" probably does not enable tftp server on the switch.

so >>> Copy the public-key file into a TFTP server accessible to the switch and
download the file to the switch.<<< as mentioned in the manual refers to an external tftp-server or a tftp-program on your workstation.
and you use the tftp-client on the switch to transfer the file to the switch.

Rizal-DE
Occasional Contributor

I actually had to disable ssh transfers in order for the "copy tftp" command to work which then allowed me to import the public key.

However, when I login it takes me to the
unprivileged prompt and when I do a "enable" it give me an access denied. Can I configure it to go straight to a manager/operator privilege status/prompt?

Thank You,
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

Rizal-DE said:
However, when I login it takes me to the
unprivileged prompt and when I do a "enable" it give me an access denied. Can I configure it to go straight to a manager/operator privilege status/prompt?
---

No, the use of ssh keys for authentication only works for the "operator" or exec level.

To access the "manager" or privileged exec, you must login using the switch local uid/pw or authenticating via external auth such as radius or tacacs.

hth...Jeff