1745784 Members
3901 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: pcm plus 2

Alessio Zarb
Advisor

pcm plus 2

i have downloaded an evaluation copy of pcm plus 2,to change passwords on all switches
but strangly this problem is occuring.
Im giving the device a new mgr pass ,but when i check if it works no passwords are in place on the device.even the one allready configured is deleted .

any idea ?
3 REPLIES 3
Devon Dawson
Advisor

Alessio,

A few questions to help us understand what might be occurring:

Have you tried running the "Test Communication Parameters" tool included in the "Device Access" menu/toolbar? I'd suggest trying this before attempting to change the passwords as in some cases if both SNMP and CLI credentials aren't correctly configured it can lead to strange behavior such as what your describing.

Are you using the "Communication Parameters On Device" wizard to change the passwords, a policy or the CLI wizard?

What types of devices are you trying to configure and what firmware is running on those devices?

Once you have the devices all passing the test, I'd suggest you try the "Communication Parameters On Device" wizard to set the passwords. Give that a shot and let us know how it goes.

-Devon
Alessio Zarb
Advisor

yes the test is succesful on all parameters,and yes im doing this from comunication parameters in device wizard.

the device im testing is an hp 2524 with firmware ver 5.34

Devon Dawson
Advisor

Alessio,

I've been trying to reproduce this problem with no luck so far. One thing I would suggest is that you try increaasing the timeouts configured in PCM for CLI access to your devices (using the "Communication Parameters In PCM" tool).

It would appear that the first access is succeeding (the one that removes your current username/passwords) but the subsequent access (to configure the new credentials) is failing. This could be caused by the subsequent connection being attempted too quickly for the device to respond (is its CPU highly utilized by any chance?).

Can you please try increasing the timeouts and let me know how it goes.

-Devon