Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ping lost packet

blk
Occasional Advisor

ping lost packet

First of all, a little schema of the problem:
computer - switch A (9308) - switch B (9304) - Switch C (4108) - switch D (2626)

MY problem is that i have a loose of packet when i ping switch C from my computer (1 on 10). If i ping every other switch on the link (A,B,D) every things working fine. Same thing in the reverse way, i have loose from D to C but nothing from D to A?B,computer. I notice that the cpu switch C jump to ~10% before packet lost.
2 REPLIES
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Re: ping lost packet

Hi

Whats the function of each switch? do you have routing enabled? do you do the ping from one Vlan to another or to the same?

Tell us little more about the scenario you have.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
blk
Occasional Advisor

Re: ping lost packet

switchs 93xx are in the same vlan and use as concentration point where all vlan are routed. Switch C and D are on the same vlan and i have other vlans and switch behind switch C.To resume i have this ping problem from all switch before or after switch C except from the same vlan but only on this switch on this vlan. clear ? :|

Last week i have a dead card (3 gbic module) on switch C wich as been replace, could it be an other defected card ?, i doubt that it can occur my random ping loose.