1753422 Members
4662 Online
54792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

pinging issue

Shamim Kamarudeen
Occasional Contributor

pinging issue

hi..the problem i am facing is i can able to ping edge switches(3500) from core switch(5400)[through teraterm] without any requesttimedout but while i am pinging edge switch from my laptop which is connected to the core is showing 5-10 requestimedout after i get almost 15-20 replys.i have checkd the configuration,everything is working fine.expecting a reply soon..thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Re: pinging issue

If i correctly understand, you get a failure only when the PING goes THROUGH the core switch? This may be down to the security on the switch filtering excessive ICMP type 8 echo requests as they can be used for targeting hacks as well as by "nice" people just testing connectivity.

Re: pinging issue

hi Larry ,there is no security in the switches right now..here the setup is in MDF 2 cores and in the edge side IDF[total 7 idfs]- 3 switches are there,between 3 switches 10 gig solution is given and from 2 edge switches 2 gig solution is given to both the cores,while i am trying to telnet through teraterm from core to edge switches and from one edge switch to other,sometimes i cant able to access,requesttimed out is there..plz reply thanks