Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1748169 Members
4236 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

port-isolation feature

Nachko Halachev

port-isolation feature

Hi all, Can anyone tell me which switches instead of 25xx support this valuable for me feature ?I need biggest port density ...
5 REPLIES 5
Sergej Gurenko
Trusted Contributor

Re: port-isolation feature

4100gl series support port isolation for sure. Do not forget. You have only one choose e.g. isolation or vlans. Not booth on the same switch.
You can check other models by yourself - just download documentation (don't forget to look inside Release Notes) and found appropriate commands. Are they exists in model documentation.
Nachko Halachev

4100gl series - Realy ? I can't find in any document for 4100gl or 26xx port-isolation or isolated port groups.May be I am lost ...Can you point me to this document , please?I will not forget to read release Notes, because this way i found port-isolation in 25xx series. I also try to find isolated port groups in this document : http://www.hp.com/rnd/pdfs/SW_Features_Matrix_04_February_2004.pdf, but they are not listed ...
Sergej Gurenko
Trusted Contributor

Sux! I'm invested some time, download a lot of docs on 4108gl and do not found anything about port isolation also.
I was sure that 41xxgl series have port isolation because few years ago we have built a proposal for a big hotel. 2524 and 4108gl switches was proposed and port isolation for each room planned. However we lost that tender.
Now I began to refresh the details. 4108gl was for administration and 2524 for rooms.

On 2524 port isolation was implemented and improved somewhere in 5.05-5.18. 4108gl last v5 firmware was 5.04 no port isolation yet. After they jumped to v7 numbering.

Sory for destroyng you hopes.
Simon Templar
Occasional Advisor

You should look at "source port filtering" which is very similar to "port isolation groups".

SPF is available today on the 5300 and 2800. Hope that helps.
Nachko Halachev

Thanks, Simon TemplarYes, "source port filtering" is the answer !