Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753842 Members
8252 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

procurve 2524 access

onlinejames

procurve 2524 access

how can i access the procurve 2524, i have only ever had a unmanaged switch before so i need help to access it
any help would be great, thank you
7 REPLIES 7
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

Re: procurve 2524 access

Hi onlinejames,

If you have set an IP address you can access the web-interface through http://

If not then you need the black console cable and connect your PC directly to the switch consoleport and use a prg like Hyperterminal or TeraTerm (settings 9600,8,n,1,none).
Configuration guide is to be found on ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/2500-MgmtConfig-Oct2005-59692354.pdf
onlinejames

hi thanks for the reply, i have a cable, and i dont know its i.p, the link isnt working, keeps coming up with peer reset
thanks
onlinejames

what port would it use?
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

If you connect over the console then usually COM1, but that also depends on the PC that you use, if not COM1 try COM3.
onlinejames

does anyone know where i can download that pdf at the first reply? i cant dl it
thanks
onlinejames

I have tera term pro and when ever i try to use it via com port it opens with nothing, all settings are correct as above, could anyone help me use this software, sorry but its all new to me
Jack Howes
Frequent Advisor

I too have had problems with various terminal emulations talking to a few Procurve switch consoles. Maybe you can download either Hyperterm or Putty or another type of eumlator and try that.

I tried to attach the PDF here, but it is to big. I was just able to download the pointed to PDF so maybe if you try it again it will work.