7695 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: procurve 2610-24, after reset, self test takes LONG TIME

john fish
Occasional Advisor

procurve 2610-24, after reset, self test takes LONG TIME

Hi.

I did reset to switch (hold down reset+clear, then hold just clear, test light starts flashing, release).

now all lights are on, switch should perform self-test?
It's already been so 30-60 min. Is it normal that it takes so long time? When should it complete?
3 REPLIES 3
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

1st reset using reset and wait, if the same thing then do as below

connect through console and check if you will get => prompt, if yes then try the below command

jp 1 if it works then ok if not try
jp 2 if also did not work then you have to upload a new firmware to he switch using xmodem.

download the firmware then in the CLI type

do

it will ask for confirmation type Y
then leave it then in hyper terminal go to transfer then send file and browse to where u have the firmware and choose it, and choose XMODEM protocol fromt he drop down menu and wait till the firmware upload is finished then the switch should reboot and work fine

this will take time so if u want to speed it up issue the command
sp 115200
then disconnect the hyper terminal and connect again using bits per second: 115200

then follow the upload steps as below

Regards
john fish
Occasional Advisor

After it was like this (all lights on) for 2-3 hours, I pulled off power, after that switch worked normally.

I tried serail console with linux + minicom.
Tried /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1 but nothing. pressed enter 3 times, no serial console.
Others settings ( 8N1 are ok).

Finally I put up dhcp server and gave it ip, and got to access by web.

How can I test with linux+minicom, that if serial port is ok at all, and if theres anything connected to it ?
nmcain
Advisor

I was able to connect with GNU screen, I'll have to spin up a Windows machines to get the firmware to it, since it doesn't seem to work with any other way.