4161 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

procurve 2910 vlan's

Oleg1
Occasional Visitor

procurve 2910 vlan's

Hello
I have HP Prokurve 2910 in my network. I need to supply two vlan to 1 of the ports, so that the equipment on this port could work each in its own vlan. on this switch, only 2 states tagged and untagged are available to me. I did not find anything similar to a hybrid. Accordingly, now the equipment can work normally only in the one that is in the untagged state, and in the one that is not connected to the tagged. please tell me how this can be solved

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: procurve 2910 vlan's

Hello @Oleg1 ,

There is no hybrid option available in Aruba.

If you want to use two different vlans for same port then tagged a interface into that vlan and untagged for other vlan.

In Aruba Tagged=Trunk Port

Untagged=Access Port

Are you using this for VOIP?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hello @Oleg1 

The only way to have 2 untagged VLANs on the same port is to configure port-access (802.1x or mac-authentication) in user mode. After a user authenticates the switch creates a separate session for every authenticated MAC address and applies different authorization attributes for every session, that means the switch can also apply a different untagged VLAN to both devices. The VLAN ID of every authenticated user is provided by the RADIUS server in the RADIUS access-accept packet.

If you dont want to configure RADIUS, maybe you can check the local-mac authentication (LMA). It doesnt require a RADIUS server and allows you to configure different profiles with different VLAN IDs for different MAC addresses.

Have a look at Chapter 4 Local MAC authentication

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04490670&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Oleg1
Occasional Visitor

Thanks.
this is not a VOIP.
a hub hangs on the switch port.
a workstation and industrial equipment are connected to the hub.
it is required that they be on different networks.
if I put 1 of vlan in the untagged position, then both devices work with this untagged vlan.
if we put both in the tagged position, then none of the second devices are visible (with static settings)

Oleg1
Occasional Visitor

thanks for the hint.
let's try to do something about it))