Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753265 Members
5463 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: procurve manager 3.01.201

TSCHUYLER

procurve manager 3.01.201

I have switches that are down but still show green in manager. can someone tell me how to fix this please. I need to look and see that a switch is down.
6 REPLIES 6
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Can you specify what "down" mean exactly, are they totaly down or hanged or all the LEDs are green ?
TSCHUYLER

in procurve mananger they will have a green check next to them. i cant ping or ssh to the switch. I will then drive to the location and the switch will be either off or hung. We used to get a red mark in procurve manager showing a switch was down. i guess a polling preference or something. i would like pro curve manager to do the samething.
GoneSilent
Advisor

Report your Firmware version and also mod# turn off the PCM computer for now it might be causing your lockups. PCM + some firmwares are getting locked up during a scan by PCM.
GoneSilent
Advisor

Sorry here is the topic I was talking about http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1414131

HP has yet to talk much about this and has pulled and delayed a number of firmwares for a number of diff mod#'s
TSCHUYLER

My switches are fine. procurve isnt causing them to crash. We had a water leak that brought a location down. I opened up procurve not knowing of the water leak. The switches all showed green check marks like they were up. I am trying to fix the fact that procurve doesnt show switched down with red x like it did with procurve 2.0. I need help with the setting that will monitor switches being up or down.
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor

Hi,

This sounds like a bug. Perhaps you should upgrade to PCM 3.1, which is a free upgrade from PCM 3.0, so that if it hasn't yet been fixed you'll at least be working with the latest release to solve the issue.

Regards,

SVB