Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

procurve manager 3.01.201

TSCHUYLER
Occasional Visitor

procurve manager 3.01.201

I have switches that are down but still show green in manager. can someone tell me how to fix this please. I need to look and see that a switch is down.
6 REPLIES
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Re: procurve manager 3.01.201

Can you specify what "down" mean exactly, are they totaly down or hanged or all the LEDs are green ?
TSCHUYLER
Occasional Visitor

in procurve mananger they will have a green check next to them. i cant ping or ssh to the switch. I will then drive to the location and the switch will be either off or hung. We used to get a red mark in procurve manager showing a switch was down. i guess a polling preference or something. i would like pro curve manager to do the samething.
GoneSilent
Advisor

Report your Firmware version and also mod# turn off the PCM computer for now it might be causing your lockups. PCM + some firmwares are getting locked up during a scan by PCM.
GoneSilent
Advisor

Sorry here is the topic I was talking about http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1414131

HP has yet to talk much about this and has pulled and delayed a number of firmwares for a number of diff mod#'s
TSCHUYLER
Occasional Visitor

My switches are fine. procurve isnt causing them to crash. We had a water leak that brought a location down. I opened up procurve not knowing of the water leak. The switches all showed green check marks like they were up. I am trying to fix the fact that procurve doesnt show switched down with red x like it did with procurve 2.0. I need help with the setting that will monitor switches being up or down.
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor

Hi,

This sounds like a bug. Perhaps you should upgrade to PCM 3.1, which is a free upgrade from PCM 3.0, so that if it hasn't yet been fixed you'll at least be working with the latest release to solve the issue.

Regards,

SVB