1753403 Members
7161 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

snmp access on 5412zl

stieven struyf
Frequent Advisor

snmp access on 5412zl

I configured routing on a 5412zl with ip addresses on 3 of the 12 vlans(so only routing 3 vlans).
I had to remove the ip of vlan1 because the router saw it as a "connected" network and started routing it.
I can access the switch through ssh via the default gateways on the routed vlans, but i can't do snmp requests anymore.
How can i solve this(i prefer access through vlan1).
6 REPLIES 6
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: snmp access on 5412zl

By default, you should be able to access SNMP via any of the IP addresses configured on the switch. Can you possibly attach your running configuration here?
stieven struyf
Frequent Advisor

i noticed in the running config that i still have an ip default-gateway, but i can't remove it(complains that i first have to disable routing).
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Don't worry about the default gateway, it's not used once ip routing is enabled anyway.

From the configuration, as long as you are accessing the switches IP's, from one of the IP authorized-managers, with the right community names, then it should work.

If not, I would possibly try reloading the switch just in case. Also I would recommend you update to the latest firmware.
stieven struyf
Frequent Advisor

i can't boot the switch until somewhere next week. It was rebooted after enabling and configuring the routing on it, because we encountered problems with dhcp although the config was ok(reboot solved it, found that solution also on this forum).
this firmware should be quite recent. about a month ago we had other issue for which an hp engineer installed the latest firmware available. It was some levels higher as the one available on the website.

I'll check further, it can't be a routing/natting issue as https and ssh access are working fine.
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

If HTTPS and SSL are working fine, then it really only leaves a problem with the community names, or a problem with the SNMP service on the switch. Same as your DHCP-relay, it almost seems as the underlying service has stopped for some reason or another.

The current firmware is K.11.63.

stieven struyf
Frequent Advisor

sorry, i was wrong.
I was testing this from the 3 directly connected networks, while the snmp was from another one.
still, i can ping the host but can't access it. the firewall allows it, but i don't see anything in the procurve log(should see an entry if the incoming ip is not in the authorized manager list)