1753740 Members
3771 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

some questions

nic_9
Advisor

some questions

been reading over the documentation, cant seem to find anything.

Have a couple of 2626 and 2650's.

1-Is there a way to clear the event log?

2-I have my time sync set to sntp/unicast and my time zone -5 (we are in toronto) but im still getting a time of almost 5 hours later.

3-keep getting "W 11/15/05 15:24:22 tftp: SENT error:1, msg: File not found" in the event log.

any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Re: some questions

1- i believe that the only way to clear the event log would be to power cycle the switch. why do you want to clear your event log?

2- when you set your timezone offset, make sure that you read the "help" files. some hp switches reverses +5 from -5 though i thought they have fixed that problem. what is your time source? who's providing time?

3- what is your public and private snmp strings? if any? were they left as default? or did you change them?
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
nic_9
Advisor

i set the time zone to -300 and it seems to be ok now.

I'm using a custom snmp setting, but im not sure how that changes anything with the tftp portion?
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

some thing (process/server) seems to be sending out an tftp get to your switch. do you have a network management tool running? PCM? or something else?
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
nic_9
Advisor

no, no pcm, nothing running that would call up tftp.

i've tried turning tftp off with setmib hpswitchiptftpmode.0 -i 1

but im still getting the same events