Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time sync with a Win2000 server ?

fgilain
Occasional Advisor

time sync with a Win2000 server ?

Hi,

Is there a way to configure a 2524 Pro curve to sync with a Windows 2000 server on the lan for the time ?

I tryed to setup :
Time Sync Method [None] : TIMEP
TimeP Mode [Disabled] : Manual
Server Address : 192.168.123.15 (IP of the win2k time synchronisation server)

In my logs, i get that error :
I 01/01/90 00:26:37 timep: can't reach time server 192.168.123.15

Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Re: time sync with a Win2000 server ?

You should be using SNTP(unicast). Try that. Make sure that you have your W2K server set up as a time server.
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
fgilain
Occasional Advisor

Well, my computer are synchronized with my domain controller quite good, i hope it will be ok too for the switch.

I just applyed what you told me, but maybe will the time sync be done in a later moment ?

is there a way to force it ? i didn't find a way in the menu to ste the time...
fgilain
Occasional Advisor

ok, i found it in cli reference guide...

but if you know how to sync it with a win2k domain controller, i'd be happy ;-))