New Discussion юеВ

trunk problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mr.Systems
Occasional Contributor

trunk problem

hi all ,

i have 8206zl with two 24-Port Mini-GBIC Module nd on port a1 a3 a5 nd b1 b3 b5 i have Gigabit 1000Base-T mini-GBIC nd configure a1 nd b1 as trunk static nd the same with a3 nd b3 nd a5 nd b5 when i connect 2610 via port 25 nd 26 to any of them no problem but when i connect another device utm sonicwall every thing down but when i connet it via single port it work good although i config sonicwall x0 nd x1 to be trunk don't know why this happen .
when i open syslog i found b3 clocked with stp wheni connect sonicwall to port a3 nd b3 nd the work as atrunk i'm using rstp on my network

another thing Server-to-Switch Trunking in Procurve switch how this work or how i configer it or just config atrunk nd on other side teaming on server side
4 REPLIES 4
Tore Valberg
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: trunk problem

First regarding the trunk to your Sonicwall.

Be aware thet that the HP trunk is a HP proprietary protocol and will not work well with non HP/Procurve switches.

To set up trunks with 3rd party devices i would use LACP instead.

Regarding server to switch trunking, it depends on the server teaming software.

But in most cases, leaving the ports as LACP passive mode (default configuration) usually works. The server acs as the active side and set up the trunk.
Other teaming software might require you to set up static LACP trunk.

Check the documantation of you server software.

Tore
Mr.Systems
Occasional Contributor

dear sir ,

really thnx u for ur help :) it's working now
Mr.Systems
Occasional Contributor

hii all ,

i do what u told me nd us lacp ieee 802.3.ad the same problem everything goes down nd i attached a picture of error message that happen when i connect the utm to my core don't know what's the problem plz chick it nd advise what should i do
Tore Valberg
Trusted Contributor

Hi

And sorry for the late response.

What kind of configuration options do you have on the sonic wall side for link aggregation?

Could you extract a show tech all from the switch and attach here? Or just the config?

The errors indicate layer 1 issues, and could indicate issues with the trunk.

Is it only on 1 of the ports you get errors? Or just 1.

What does the command "show trunk" give you?

Tore