Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753873 Members
7563 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: web interface procurve 4000m

charles walker_2

web interface procurve 4000m

I have two 4000m switches. I have assigned IP addresses to both of them and use the Web Management Interface. The problem is that when I connect to one of the switches I get the following error 'an exception of type 'java/lang/numberformatexception' was not handled'. I click ok and it then I can use the interface but with some of the features not working, like the bottom half of the status page doesn't list the individual alerts. The other switch works fine with the Web Interface and I get no errors.

Why would this be?
4 REPLIES 4
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

charles walker_2

They both have c.08.22, ROM C.06.01. We bought the switches at the same time and I'm sure no software updates have happened since then. Based on the instructions for downloading a new OS for the switch, I doubt that they will get a new version any time in the near future.

Still confused as to why one would work fine and the other has problems. Would security configuration cause the java exception errors?

Arimo Laine_2
Valued Contributor

Hi.

There actually have been two FW updates since C.08.22, current version is C.09.16. I'd say update this and check again. You can download the lates firmware from http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/switches.htm

HTH,
Arimo
OLARU Dan
Trusted Contributor

If you added switch (swt) modules while the swt was working and didn't reset the swt (unplug the power chord and plug it back again), then the newly inserted swt modules might not be recognized by the swt engine => nothing/erroneous info comes out. A non-recognized swt module has ALL the LEDs always-on (not blinking)

If you can telnet into the problem-swt and you can see the alerts in the telnet window, then you have a problems with the web agent on that swt.

Try resetting it, anyway (your users will call you promptly if you don't tell them, so NET SEND them something - if you're using Windows).