Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753295 Members
6555 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: wrongly worked the trunk between HP 4208vl and HP network Team Driver in the hp server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dav444

wrongly worked the trunk between HP 4208vl and HP network Team Driver in the hp server

I configured static trunk between HP 4208vl and HP network Team Driver (two physical interfaces) in the hp server (Windows 2003). Then I've checked transmit and receive data to the server. If I try transmit a data from the server then it's looking that a data loaded both link and trunk is working very well. But I try receive a data to the server then it's looking that data loaded one link from trunk therefore trunk is not well working. What's the problem may be?
1 REPLY 1
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: wrongly worked the trunk between HP 4208vl and HP network Team Driver in the hp server

What type of teaming has been set on the ProLiant?

It sounds like TLB at the moment. If you can force LACP (802.3ad) or SLB it should balance send and receive.

One other thing though, traffic is balanced by source and destination address mac-address pairs. If you are only testing with one other device, the traffic between them will only use one link.