3281 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Aruba 2530

shijuganga
Occasional Advisor

Aruba 2530

Hi,

We are using Aruba 2530 and notice that most of the switches time changes to default after the power failure or restart. Firmware YA.16.08.0014 & YA.16.10.0010. How to solve this issue.

Also want to know how to disable DHCP on few ports, so that DHCP request not forward by specfic ports for Aruba 2530 & 2930F.

Regards,

Shiju

3 REPLIES 3
Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Hello @shijuganga !

This model has no battery inside to keep time in memory. Use ntp server to re-synchronise the time and date when the swich is rebooted.

Regarding the DHCP - I guess one static port ACL in inbound direction on those port that contains 'deny' statement for UDP packets with destination port 67 and permits the rest of the traffic will do the job.

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

shijuganga
Occasional Advisor

Hi, 

But the issue is not frequent. Please also help to NTP command and also help the DHCP discussion.

Regards,

Shiju

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Please, also help yourself by reading the guides. Download the whole portfolio from here - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00093577en_us

Then for NTP commands check the guide named "Management and Configuration Guide", Chapter 2 "Time Protocols"

and for ACL check the guide named "Access Security Guide", Chapter 11 "IPv4 Access Control Lists (ACLs)"

Regarding 'not so frequent' clock issue nature - I highly doubt it, it must happen every time you restart the device. There is a note in the "Management and Configuration Guide":

NOTE: Because the Aruba 2530 Switch Series does not contain an RTC (real time clock) chip, Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends configuring one of the time synchronization protocols supported. Failure to do so could result in the switch time being reset to the factory default of 01/01/1990 00:00:00 in the case of a switch reload, software upgrade, or power cycle.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo