New Discussion юеВ

Configure a stack on an existing switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cedric33
Occasional Contributor

Configure a stack on an existing switch

Hi everybody,

I have a 2920-48G in production and i just received a 2nd 2920-48G (with stack module).

I have installed the stack module on eatch switch, I have rebooted all switch and the stack module is OK (LED is OK).

Before active the switchs in stack mode and connecte the stack cable i have one question !

My 1st switch contain a configuration, the 2nd is empty. When i active the stack mode and reboot my devices my configuration stay in place ?

Thank a lot for your reply,

C├йdric

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Configure a stack on an existing switch

@Cedric33 wrote: My 1st switch contain a configuration, the 2nd is empty. When i active the stack mode and reboot my devices my configuration stay in place ?

Hello Cedric, yes...your configuration on the Commander will be preserved (by the way...a backup is always a good thing to do before any relevant configuration change...see it as a best practice).

Please refer to these HPE documents:

• HP 2920 Switch Series Stacking (Technical Whitepaper).
  • HPE 2920 Switch Series - Stack configuration and adding new member in stack (HPE Knowledge Article: mmr_sf-EN_US000005397).
  • HPE 2920 Switch Series - Stack Factory reset AKA if you're going to re-deploy a previously used Aruba 2920 member of a Stack as a new standalone switch (HPE Support Information: mmr_kc-0129445).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Cedric33
Occasional Contributor

Re: Configure a stack on an existing switch

Hi,

Thanks for this confirmation.

I have plan to take a backup before this operation !

Regards