New Discussion юеВ

DISCARDING State indefinitely v1910

SOLVED
Go to solution
neok
Occasional Visitor

DISCARDING State indefinitely v1910

Hi to all,
In my environment I have many unmanageable switches of type HP 1410/1420. From time to time some users make a loop connecting two ports to each other and this causes me to fall in the whole network. For that reason I want to put a few HP v1910 that I have so that these switches converge and there enable Loop Protection, and this way only the users of the "looped" switch would be affected. This way I want to stop the excessive broadcast before it reaches the stack where I have my servers. What I do is:

Enable STP Globally: enable
BPDU Protection: Disable
Mode: RSTP
Max Hops: 20
Path Cost Standard: Legacy

Then in Port Setup I choose the port, activate STP and in Protenction I set Loop Protection.

I do the tests by generating a loop on an HP 1410 and effectively the port of the HP v1910 by which it goes up stops the excessive broadcast entering into DISCARDING mode and after removing it in loop returns to FORWARDING mode after about 20 seconds. So far everything works fine.

But I have the problem that if I disconnect the cable and reconnect the port is in DISCARDING mode indefinitely. I have to deactivate RTP and Loop Protection on the port and activate it again so that it returns to LEARNING and finally FORWARDING.
Can someone please tell me if there is a way to set the port to FORWARDING state without direct intervention?
Thank you very much for your help. Below I leave the summary of the port as it is.
Best regards, 
Gabriel

----[Port4(GigabitEthernet1/0/4)][DISCARDING]----
Port Protocol :enabled
Port Role :CIST Designated Port
Port Priority :128
Port Cost(Legacy) :Config=auto / Active=20
Desg. Bridge/Port :32768.d07e-2825-d1df / 128.4
Port Edged :Config=disabled / Active=disabled
Point-to-point :Config=auto / Active=true
Transmit Limit :10 packets/hello-time
Protection Type :Loop
MST BPDU Format :Config=auto / Active=legacy
Port Config-
Digest-Snooping :disabled
Num of Vlans Mapped :1
PortTimes :Hello 2s MaxAge 20s FwDly 15s MsgAge 0s RemHop 20
BPDU Sent :37
TCN: 0, Config: 0, RST: 37, MST: 0
BPDU Received :0
TCN: 0, Config: 0, RST: 0, MST: 0

3 REPLIES 3
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: DISCARDING State indefinitely v1910

Hi,

Can you please share product number (JXXXXX) and software version on the switch?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
neok
Occasional Visitor

Yes, software version is 5.20 release 1515, model JE006A.

Attached are some screenshots of my settings. I clarify that the switch is with the factory settings. I only made a 2 port Link Aggregation. It has no other configuration.Region.PNGGlobal.PNGPort summary 1.PNGPort summary 2.PNGPort summary 3.PNG

neok
Occasional Visitor
Solution

I disable Loop Protection and that solved the problem.

Thanks anyway