New Discussion юеВ

Firmware update HP 2530-48G Switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Promos
Occasional Visitor

Firmware update HP 2530-48G Switch

Hello,
I would like to perform a firmware update of the svitch in question.
Since i have never performed a firmware update on hp switches, what should i do?
my current version is YA.15.12.0015, ROM YA.15.12
To upgrade, can I directly upgrade to YA.16.04.0016 or do I need to upgrade from intermediate versions?
Can I use the switch gui or do I need to upgrade to command line?
Thank you so much

2 REPLIES 2
akg7
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Firmware update HP 2530-48G Switch

Hi,

Please refer below link for release notes of YA.16.04.0016 and refer 'Minimum supported software versions' section on pg.6 and it seems its supported to upgrade from YA.15.12.0015.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00051262en_us 

Version.JPG

Also it is always recommended to upgrade the switch via cli and should have console access.

Refer below steps:

1. Access the switch by console.
2. Copy new software to primary or secondary flash memory on active management module:

a. TFTP тАУ HPE2530#copy tftp flash <TFTP IP add> <software file name.swi> pri/sec

Or

b. USB тАУ HPE2530#copy usb flash <Ksoftware file name.swi> pri/sec

3. Make sure boot setting is configured to boot to correct flash software was copied to.

a. HPE2530#boot set-default flash primary <Set the boot on either primary or secondary on which new images is loaded>

b. HPE2530# write memory

This change will also be synchronized to standby management module.

At this point in time, you can simply reboot the whole switch from the primary or secondary depending on where the New FW was loaded and if downtime is not an issue, use the boot system command to do so.

# boot sys flash <pri/sec>

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Promos
Occasional Visitor

Re: Firmware update HP 2530-48G Switch

Hello,
the update procedure was successful.
I did not load the new firmware via cli, but via gui, then I performed the procedure based on what he suggested.
Thanks for the help, the new interface is really cool