5157 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Aruba to other Vendors

csadmin77
Occasional Advisor

HP Aruba to other Vendors

Hi,

We are trying to connect HP Procurve Switch to another vendor product (Huawei) but it shuts the whole subnet behind HP switch down the time we connect the network cable between the switches. After checking the logs in the HP core switch we found that STP is blocking the port which is connected to the Procurve switch. We changed the STP settings for the specific port in the core switch by running the below command but still the same.

no spanning-tree bpdu-filter

The port on the ProCurve switch connected to the Huawei switch is untagged for the VLAN required for Huawei.

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: HP Aruba to other Vendors

Hello,
In Procurve untagged=Access port and if Huawei is switch then it should be tagged on Procurve side.
And any other STP setting on Procurve switch?

Thanks!
Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
csadmin77
Occasional Advisor

Tagging the access port is not allowing the PC to get an IP address from DHCP. What should be the mode of the uplink port for the Huwaei VLAN? I mean uplink from Procurve to core.

csadmin77
Occasional Advisor

STP on the core switch is still blocking the port connected to ProCurve after connecting the Huawei switch.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @csadmin77 ,

Which switch root switch in the topology?

Or only these two switches itnerconnected?

Can you share 'show spanning-tree' output?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
csadmin77
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

It started working after I ran

spanning-tree port# bpdu-filter

on the core switch port connected to the ProCurve Switch. I kept the access port as untagged but the uplink port as tagged. Don't know if it is correct or not but it is not going down now.

When i am running show spanning-tree bpdu-protection now, I am getting the below results for the changed port

100/1000T No Forwarding 10152

The number 10152 is shown under Errant.

Thanks.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @csadmin77 ,

Both side is switch so I believe both side it should be same type. So tagged(trunk) other end as well.

Can you share full output and what you are seeing under 'show log':

show spanning-tree
 show spanning-tree bpdu-protection 
show log

Thanks!