7159 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to configure STP on Aruba 2530 Switch

sunilkumar19
Advisor

How to configure STP on Aruba 2530 Switch

Hello All,

I need help in configuring two Ethernet Ports of Aruba 345 IAP in failover mode.

Basically, I have 2nos Aruba 2530 switches and need to connect Aruba IAP 345 eth0 port on Switch1 and eth1 port on Switch2 when switch1 fails/goes down the switch 2 eth1 port should come up without any downtime.

Aruba hitless POE failover.

How can we achieve this?

6 REPLIES 6
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: How to configure STP on Aruba 2530 Switch

Using LACP between Aruba IAP and ONE switch?

But...unfortunately...the Aruba 2530 can't form a Virtual Switch (Stack) with another Aruba 2530...a Virtual Switch is essential to appear to the Aruba IAP as a "single logical entity" against which to terminate (and distribute) the LACP aggreagation's member ports.

You would do that using two Aruba 2930F (VSF) or Aruba 2930M (Hardware Stacking).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
sunilkumar19
Advisor

Hi @parnassus ,

Thanks for the prompt response.

My requirement is to use Aruba 345 IAP device with two Aruba 2530 switches...Not exactly LACP mode. I am looking for Hitless failover...Is there any solution or enable STP on both switch1 and Switch2 and make redundant or High availability for the Aruba 345 IAP device?

Basically, I want to Connect Aruba 345 IAP Eth0 port on switch1(ethernet 10) and Eth1 Port to Switch2(ethernet 10), whenever the switch1 goes down/fails the switch2(ethernet 10) Aruba 345 eth1 connected port should become active and start sending the traffic via eth1 port.

The client shouldn't face any disconnections on the wifi.

Please let me know if this can be achievable.

sunilkumar19
Advisor

Looking for a solution.

Any expert can help with this.

Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hello @sunilkumar19 

IMO such solution requires more configuration on the IAP side than on the switch side. I have found here a solution from the Airheads community which describes how the uplinks on the IAP can be configured. 

https://community.arubanetworks.com/browse/articles/blogviewer?blogkey=6827745e-2c3e-4923-a6db-4ca38bb3c1dd

So maybe you can have a look at give it a try. This setup doesnt require any special configuration on the switch, you need to have the VLANs which the IAP is using for egressing the traffic on both ports and you need to have spanning-tree enabled just as loop prevention mechanism if something goes wrong. From what I can see it is not enabled on the IAP because this is a sort of active/stanby solution and the IAP shouldnt be forwarding packets received on one interface out the other.

If you have more questions about this solution, instant dual uplink, it would be better to ask you question in the AirHeads Community section Controllerless Networks (https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home?communitykey=ff734391-dcd7-4802-93c6-e0913abba875). This is the primary community for Aruba wireless products.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

sunilkumar19
Advisor

Hi Emil,

Thanks for the Reply, Really appreciate your support.

I was able to configure the Dual-link failover, Since I am using Aruba central to manage the Arua devices I am not able to find the uplink option in the Central Login under the system...can you please help me out figure out the same.

Thanks in advance.

Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hello @sunilkumar19 

I am sorry, I dont have experience with Aruba Central. Please use the AirHeads Community Cloud Managed Networks Forum

https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home?communitykey=e1202040-11b3-4eea-9f57-d903f67db2f9

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo