New Discussion

LACP no create a dyn1 group

raul1987

LACP no create a dyn1 group

Switch# configure terminal

Switch(config)# interface 1-4

Switch(eth-1-4)# lacp active

Switch(eth-1-4)# show lacp

PORT LACP                       TRUNK                    PORT              LACP                   LACP
NUMB ENABLED               GROUP                    STATUS      PARTNER             STATUS
---- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
1          Active                            1                            Down             No                     Success
2          Active                           2                            Down             No                     Success
3          Active                           3                            Down             No                    Success
4          Active                          4                            Down             No                    Success

Why he create a 4 groups ? anyone can help me?

i need cread a dyn1 group

2 REPLIES 2
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: LACP no create a dyn1 group

Hello,

You have to bind these ports into a trunk (trk1).
Please refer below link:
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c02456299
Thanks!
Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Re: LACP no create a dyn1 group

Hello, 

What you are trying the configure is called dynamic trunk group. You are enabling lacp active on interfaces 1 to 4. However in order for the dynamic trunk to be formed, the ports have to be up and the device on the other side on this ports has to be configured with LACP active or passive, so when they receive LACP BPDUs from the local switch they can respond. The local switch will only create a dyn1 trunk interface when it receives LACP responses from the device on the other side which indicate the same LACP system ID.

From the output it looks like the ports are down and there is no LACP partner. In this case the switch cannot aggregate the ports to a dyn interface and they are kept separate. You have to connect all 4 ports to another switch and the ports of the other switch have to be configured as LACP passive or LACP active.  Both switches have to exchange LACP BPDU and based on that verify that all 4 ports are connected to the same partner. Only after that will the dynamic trunk interface dyn1 be formed. 

Keep in mind that this configuration option is not used very often. I personally dont remember any customer using it. It has also some restrictions compared to the trunk option. For example you cannot configure tagged VLANs on it. It is better to use the static LACP trunk using the trunk command, here an example

switch(config)# trunk 1-4 trk1 lacp

With this command interface trk1 is created immediately even if the ports are down. However when the ports go online LACP is doing again a BPDU exchange and if it cannot be verified that the ports connect to the same device on the other side, the ports will be blocked. So you still have the advantage of LACP.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo