4511 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProCurve IPv6 support

mynameisbob
Occasional Visitor

ProCurve IPv6 support

Hi

I have a few procurve 1800-24g switches and am looking at adding IPv6 to our network. Are these switches capable of IPv6 support? I'm guessing maybe not as I can't find it on the spec sheets anywahere but it would be nice to have a definate answer.

Bob

3 REPLIES 3
jguse
HPE Pro

Well, the answer is definitely no, they don't support it and I doubt they ever will. Have a look at this portfolio for more details, where you can see all the switches that support IPv6 Management and/or Routing.

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA1-4855ENW.pdf

EDIT: I want to add, in case it isn't obvious to everyone, that this (and any switch) will actually forward IPv6 packets like any other frame at layer 2. It just won't perform IPv6 routing nor work with IPv6 management and related functionality.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
mynameisbob
Occasional Visitor

OK thanks for the confirmation Justin, looks like we need to invest in some new kit. :)

jguse
HPE Pro

You're welcome, and have fun choosing some new switches! Remember to always check the datasheets and preferably also the relevant configuration guides, to make sure it really will do all the things you want it to :)
Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo