1748060 Members
5046 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 11 vi2 and 11 vi3

melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Gentlemen. You all need to take a step back, a deep breath, and consider how this thread may reflect to other users.
There are a number of statements made by various people that erroneous/misguided/uninformed.
I have been with HP-UX since the first PA RISC server (9000/840) back in 1985/86, as a hardware engineer, a software engineer, a Response Centre engineer, and now a Technical Consultant and have seen a VAST number of changes.
I am not going to comment on any particular point, other than to again suggest you reconsider how you respond to threads.
We are all human, and we can all "get " something to appear different to someone else.
I also think that I will edit this thread to remove various comments once it is closed, unless anyone objects.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

No objections.

I've already written a complaint into the itrc about it.

The complaint is about Steven Sweda's constant nasty, snied remarks, and how Dennis has objected to my objections to Steven poor attitude. In my opinion Dennes failed to do proper research into my objections.

No matter.

This is not a mental health blog for Steven Sweda to dump upon.

In my complaint I've asked that Steven be limited to technical citations and references and procedures only, in order to have yet another one of these, the 3rd in 10 days.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Thank you Melvyn....I think you said what a LOT of people were thinking!
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

I would like to remind everyone that while we encourage open dialog/conversations here in the ITRC forums, we *do* still have guidelines we ask everyone to abide by to when participating in this community.

Please take a look at the FAQ entry "Are there rules of conduct I must adhere to?" @ http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?admit=109447627+1258555346710+28353475#9 within our forums overview.

We'd prefer not to have edit/delete posts, but will if necessary - please refrain from activity that others may construe as abusive or a personal attack.

Thank you for your consideration.
I work for HPE.
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> [...] please refrain from activity that
> others may construe as abusive or a
> personal attack.

This can be difficult when a simple question
of fact may be construed as nasty and/or
"snied". It's easier to control one's own
postings than it is their interpretation by
others.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Here is one example of what I am talking about, a 11/03 response from a user looking for help and getting, this, from Steven

Thanks, Steve.
That answers my second question.
"It comes naturally."

>>>1. A misleading Subject.

"11.31 where is libtermcap.a"

what is misleading about that?

>>>2. A thoroughly incomplete problem
description.

Why don't you re-read the original post, genius.

I show that libtermcap.a exists on 11.23
and not on 11.31.
I with
... "so where is libtermcap.a"
Simple question.
Which was really my question and which was the subject line of the post.

But you, in you astonishing arrogance, assumed that I don't know what I'm doing.

I didn't ask for help in building 'less'.
I didn't ask you to reproduce the error I got.
I knew where that came from and I stated it clearly -- libtermcap was missing.

And you reply with
"That's your question, not mine."

You're a real piece of work.

>>>3. A failure to answer simple questions

Again, genius, re-read my reply to your first post.
I *did* answer your questions.

You just don't like the fact that I also pointed out that *your* question was irrelevant to my actual question, as you so much like to mention to others in your responses.

>>>3. (One might reasonably argue
>>> that if you really _knew_ what was
>>> important, then you might not need to be
>>> asking about this stuff here.)

An arrogant jerk certainly might argue that.
You might do better to consider that not everyone that posts here is an ignorant neophyte.
Sometimes things come up that hopefully someone else has run across and to which you just need a quick answer.

######################################

Note: I defy anyone in the forum to review any of Steven Sweda's responses and not find similar in any of the majority of any 30 responses he has posted.

######################################

For example:

"...Non-psychics may need a clearer explanation of what you have and what you wish to do with it:..."

The Voices which speak to you don't seem to
speak to me.

> Ask whomever told you that [...]
(And that's whoever.)

I don't immediately see what would make this
particularly difficult. Is there more than
the obvious variability?

You're assuming more than I would.

So, you really _were_ serious. Scary.

Mine has had it in there since I installed the OS, and it wasn't my idea.

Why do you care what the prompt is? What
doesn't work?

Is there some actual problem
which you are trying to solve?

Perhaps someone who can see exactly what you
did, and exactly what happened when you did
it? (In other words, a psychic or a good
guesser.)

It might help if you showed some actual
commands and their actual output instead of
these vague descriptions and interpretations.

Perhaps if you answer some of the same
questions as in this other thread:

###################################

I don't see any attempt to help, I see only this site being turned into a blog for daily dumping
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

And this relates to this thread how? This is not an appropriate place, in my humble opinion, to rant about another user.

Use of the thread in this way is not fair to khilari and adds no value to him.
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Patrick is exactly right - while I was attempting to make it clear to everyone involved in this discussion that we do have forum guidelines users should be keeping in mind, I was not seeking to change this thread from the original question into an "airing of grievances" thread. We're now completely off-topic from responding to khilari's question.

I appreciate that some of you have concerns about how others are behaving in the forums - as I mentioned above, we expect all users to adhere to the guidelines. If necessary, board moderators and administrators will take the appropriate action to ensure that forum guidelines are being followed.

I'm locking this thread; khilari - if your original question has not been answered, feel free to start another thread and hopefully our community can take another try at providing you with some assistance.
I work for HPE.
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

(Closing thread)
I work for HPE.