1753487 Members
4545 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 4gb Fiber Cards on 11.11

cuppajo
Advisor

OK, I decided to start over. I removed all the patches and drivers, and the cards have been removed. I then installed all the patches the docs say I need. Now, I go to install the driver, and it says that I need the prerequisite FCMassStorage-FCMS.KRN and .RUN, but when I search for this at the HP site, it directs me to the Fibr-Chanl-01 driver. When I drill down into the Fibr-Chanl-01 driver, the underlying product is FC-FCD-KRN/RUN, not FCMassStorage. So where do I get FCMassStorage? Thanks for your help.
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

"Now, I go to install the driver, and it says that I need the prerequisite FCMassStorage-FCMS.KRN and .RUN, "

The above products are part of

swlist
FC-FCD B.11.23.07 FibrChnl;HW=A6826A,A9782A,A9784A,AB378A/B,AB379A/B,AB465A,AD193A,AD194A,AD300A
FC-TACHYON-TL B.11.23.0512 PCI FibreChannel;Supptd HW=A6795A,A5158A
FCMassStorage B.11.23 Fibre Channel Mass Storage

# FC-FCD
FC-FCD.FC-FCD-KRN configured
FC-FCD.FC-FCD-RUN configured
# FC-TACHYON-TL
FC-TACHYON-TL.FC-TL-KRN configured
FC-TACHYON-TL.FC-TL-RUN configured

# FCMassStorage
FCMassStorage.FCMS-ENG-A-MAN configured
FCMassStorage.FCMS-INIT configured
FCMassStorage.FCMS-JPN-E-MAN configured
FCMassStorage.FCMS-JPN-S-MAN configured
FCMassStorage.FCMS-KRN configured
FCMassStorage.FCMS-RUN configured
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

I believe this might be available on the DVD

FCMassStorage
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
cuppajo
Advisor

This may not be in the thread, but I am running 11.11, and I don't have any fiber related dvd's. This server was built with an Ignite of a server that did not have these fiber cards.

Also, the driver I was installing, which had a prerequisite of FCMassStorage, was the FibrChanl-00. Forgot to note that before. The FibrChanl-01 driver says I must have FibrChanl-00 installed first. FibrChanl-00 says that I must first install FCMassStorage, which is what I am trying to find. Thanks.
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

This is available in
http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=FibrChanl-02

You need to find the product in the Application DVD.

Let me check if this is available in the latest DVD
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Sorry.. FibrChanl-02 is only for 11.23/31.

May be some other will answer you query for 11.11
cuppajo
Advisor

OK, I found FCMassStorage inside patch 34161 which had already been installed. Installed FibrChanl-00, and now installing FibrChanl-01. Once up, I will shut it down and install the fiber cards.
cuppajo
Advisor

Alright, after installing all patches and drivers while the cards were out, I reinstalled the cards, rebooted, ran ioscan and insf -e, and the cards are still Unclaimed/Unknown.
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

If the correct driver is installed and the adapter is not listed in the ioscan output, contact HP for
assistance.
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Hi,

# kcmodule | grep fcd
fcd static best
fcd_fcp static best
fcd_vbus static best

Please check in 11.11 the above drivers are IN IN