5509 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Accessing LUN from hpunix server created by DR group

akarayil
Frequent Advisor

Accessing LUN from hpunix server created by DR group

Dear All,
we have two hpunix servers (cluster nodes) at primary site and one server at DR location.

I created a vdisk in storage and presented it to both the cluster nodes(no need to add this VG to cluster PKG).
Then I created vg, lv in one of the node and export&import the vg to other node.

Then I created a DR group in storage for this vdisk. That automatically create a vdisk in DR storage. I presented the vdisk to the DR server.
Now what is the steps to access this LUN from DR site server?

I done the failover. Copy the vgexported file to DR server.created VG and device file for VG. Then imported the VG. But I got an error. When I check ioscan. s/w state shows NO_H/W for this disk and diskinfo shows nothing.
7 REPLIES 7
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Re: Accessing LUN from hpunix server created by DR group

It seems some issues with LUN assignment. Once it is visible in ioscan (NO hardware should not come) then it is related to HP-UX.
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Taifur
Respected Contributor

Hi Akrayil,

#ioscan -funC disk

if disk deive available , then you can access LUN.
Check /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log

Rgds//
Taifur
Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

Hi,
>>Copy the vgexported file to DR server.created VG and device file for VG. Then imported the VG. But I got an error. When I check ioscan. s/w state shows NO_H/W for this disk and diskinfo shows nothing

you did the vgexport and create vg at DR side right.
now my question is if your ioscan is giving NO_H/W then how you created the VG ?

Suraj
akarayil
Frequent Advisor

Sorry....
When I present the disk, it was showing 'claimed' and showed output for diskinfo cmd also.
After done the vgimport, which is exported from primary location, its showing NO_HW.
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

while importing the VG - did you use disk path or you have exported it with VGID?

Kindly try the command ioscan -fnC disk ( with out -u)
and see the output..
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
akarayil
Frequent Advisor

Hi
Pls find the syslog file entry attached
akarayil
Frequent Advisor

Hi friends,
Before adding this vg, I had removed a vg which had same minor no. that I used for new vg. Hence there was a conflit.
I restarted the DR server, repeated the steps and completed the process successfully. Thank you all for immediate response.

akarayil