System Administration
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apache and PHP 5.x on 11.11

Trusted Contributor

Apache and PHP 5.x on 11.11

I have a user who requires PHP 5.x but they are on UX 11.11.

I downloaded the Apache and PHP from the porting centre with all of its dependencies but when I am trying to load the php module I am getting library missing errors. A google search leads me to believe that they should be in the heimdal package but they are nowhere to be found. I have listed all of the .sl libraries in all of the packages I installed from the porting centre but they are not there.

Two questions. Is there another source of PHP 5 that I can use or where can I find the missing libraries?

Two of the missing libraries are libwind.sl and libheimsqlite.sl.
2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

When you download from the Porting Centre, there will be a list of build-time and run-time dependencies. Apache and PHP have a lot of dependencies, so be sure to use the latest feature at the Porting Centre, depothelper. Download and install the helper to gather everything you need.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reply. We are behind a firewall so the helper will be of limited benefit. I have installed all of the dependencies as I mentioned in the original post so I am suspecting that the person who compiled PHP was using a version other than the one available from the porting centre.