108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

B9007EVAL Questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
frederick hannah
Super Advisor

B9007EVAL Questions

The 3.80.0 eval version of HP's C compiler is expired. I am going to install 3.85.0's version on the same 11.11 machine. Do I remove the 3.80.0 software, or can I install the eval package 3.85.0 on top of 3.80.0?
6 REPLIES 6
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: B9007EVAL Questions

Hi:

It seems like you need to _purchase_ the product rather than fetch free, evaluation copies periodically.

Regards!

...JRF...
frederick hannah
Super Advisor

Agreed. I am pushing the envelop, and perhaps a little personal dignity for the customer. 3.80 eval package worked for them but has since expired. I have been tasked with either "reactivating" 3.80 or trying to install 3.85. Can I install one eval package over the other? And I would think 3.85 would work for them as well as 3.80.0.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

As JRF said, now it the time to purchase the compiler after the 30 days expired. The customer will have to purchase a license for every core on the machine.

(You probably shouldn't be posting about possibly illegal activity in this forum.)

Note: A.03.80 is an aC++ compiler version, not HP C.
frederick hannah
Super Advisor

Both gurus with the same answer. The customer must pony-up the funds for the real product. thanks for your input.
frederick hannah
Super Advisor

Seriously, thanks for the confirmation.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

If your customer is a software vendor, who will be making money for HP, they may want to be a DSPP company member:
http://www.hp.com/go/dspp