108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Bad location found in Memory

administrador
Advisor

Bad location found in Memory

When I change the mirror disk in order to rebuild the domainX with error:
The system and SAP show to be up but still getting the "balancing error"

I have verify LAN connectivity and is good.
The following warnings appear when system was being "boot"
1. Warning: Bad location found in Memory, memory interleaving is disable to prevent O.S.. occupation of bad memory space, use SIMM_Callout to isolate failure".
2. Chk_bf_quota: group quota underflow for group 7
3. /sbin/vc3d/s95xlogin/usr/df/config/xconfig.nc not found

Please help me on this, thanks in advanced!!
1 REPLY 1
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

Re: Bad location found in Memory

1. Warning: Bad location found in Memory, memory interleaving is disable to prevent O.S.. occupation of bad memory space, use SIMM_Callout to isolate failure".

The system detected a problem with a memory SIMM during boot. SIMM_CALLOUT is an SRM console variable you can set before booting on some Alphas. On the next boot, more extensive information will be provided about the possible hardware problem.

2. Chk_bf_quota: group quota underflow for group 7.

A mostly harmless error caused by AdvFS quota information getting out of sync in the fileset. (AdvFS keeps quota information even if you don't enforce quotas.) You can safely ignore this, or if it really bothers you, you can try running quotacheck -v on the fileset.

3. /sbin/vc3d/s95xlogin/usr/df/config/xconfig.nc not found.

If the system doesn't have a graphics console, this is also probably harmless. Otherwise, something is wrong with your X Windows configuration.

Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo