1748198 Members
2593 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Boot Dl580 from P2o00

techux
Occasional Advisor

Boot Dl580 from P2o00

Note:Sorry for the double post, I created this post in other section and then I find out it was the correct section, maybe an admin can close or move the other one.

Hi guys.

we have 2 dl580g7 servers and an p2000 3g sas. We want to install Redhat 5.

The dl580 have 2 SSD  but we want to install the OS in the disks assigned in the p2o00, is that possible? is this a good idea? or is more wise to install / in the local disk?

should I change something in the RBSU or BIOS to achieve it?

when I insall red hat and create the partition, the server see the local raid as  /dev/cciss/c0d0  and  the p2000 partition  as  /dev/sda..

I can choose and create the partitions on /dev/sda (p2000) but the system wont boot, get stuck on grub> , it is like if the system cant find/see the filesystem..

If I try grub> find /boot/grub/stage1 it cant find it.. it is like after installing the system in  sda, the installler try o install the grub somewhere else.. or in /dev/cciss/c0d0 which I DIDNT SELECT OR USE during  the installation

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to Linux > sysadmin - HP Forums moderator