Operating System - Linux
1748184 Members
3959 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Boot Issue - Proliant DL380 G5

Greg Lowell

Boot Issue - Proliant DL380 G5

I have a DL380 which suddenly stopped responding to remote access and the video on the KVM. The iLO feature still works and everything checks out OK in iLO. When the system is rebooted, all of the system lights, drives and fans behave similar to the other 3 of the same model in the rack. I have pulled it out and it is has no extra cards or memory. When rebooted with dedicated video, mouse, and keyboard - everything on the case looks normal, but the only external device that responds is the keyboard and it just flashed once when it intially powers up. I have Advanced Functionality (trial) licensed in iLO, but I have figured out if it is possible to flash the BIOS in this situation. Any thoughts?
4 REPLIES 4
Nuwan Alwis
Valued Contributor

Hi Greg,
Wel, your question is not so clear. any way as i understand
1)server cannot be manage via iLO
2)It has sufficiant memory but no additional

so
If you connected a external video card,keyboard n mouse and boot it up. it should display all HP logo POST messages.if server gives you 1 beep but no video signal then your video card is not probably working.

Any way you need a display and keyboard and mouse access for a bios flash.

Good Luck...!
NJ
Greg Lowell

The HP support team (from India?) indicated that flashing the BIOS via iLO was feasible. My questions was if this was actually possible without any Video to see the prompts. The correct response is "no".

The BIOS upgrade via iLO is intended to allow you to attach a virtual diskette or CD but you still need video to complete the update.
Nuwan Alwis
Valued Contributor

Hi Gery,
Now i got your question right. Any way what i guess is right because seems to me there is no video signals coming out from your iLO2.
Thats why i said if u need to flash bios in this condition you have to attach external video,KB,mouse.

Good Luck...!
NJ
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you install Advanced ILO pack ( trial/full)

you will able to handle everithing remotely.

mikap