Search
COnfigure
Information
Service
Display
Help
Reset

Main menu : Enter command

I even can't boot it with single user mode. I tried to specify the boot path, but still can't boot it up, how to solve? Thanks.
Andy
10 REPLIES 10
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Boot up problem

SEA

post up the output

If you know which disk hp-ux is on:

BO P#
where # will be returned from the SEA (P0, P1, P2).

Then Interact with IPL > Y

(If this prompt doesn't appear, you've got no boot area or a corrupted boot area on that disk device - try another)

ISL> hpux -is -lm

(boot into single user with lvm maintenance - last resort)

Post up the next errors....

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
unixdaddy
Trusted Contributor

what do you see when you do 'sea' do you only get the lan,tape and CDROM device or do you see a number of random access devices?

what make/model is your hardware? are there any errors on the LED? Can you boot it from the CDROM?

Does the machine keep rebooting itself when or does it just hang? If you have access to the disks, do any have a permanent light on or do they blink intermittantly?

Need more information before we can help.
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

I guess this is fixed then:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xa427543254bfd611abdb0090277a778c,00.html

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

If you're saying that you don't want it to stop at the main menu, go into COnfigure and set autoboot on - of course you need to make sure your primary boot path is set properly as well.

Pete

Pete
O'lnes
Regular Advisor

Hi Pete,

I have set to auto boot, but it still work, I am not sure whether the boot file problem , if really the boot file problem , is there any method to boot it up without reinstall?
Andy
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

What sort of problem are you having, then? Are there messages that you could share with us?

If it won't boot at all, it's time for your recovery CD, or an Ignite backup tape, or a re-install.

Pete

Pete
O'lnes
Regular Advisor

HI Bill McNAMARA

I input Yes when prompt to enter single user mode,

IPL > Y

However, it still boot to the main menu.

Andy
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Maybe it's time to review how to boot into single user mode:

At the main menu, enter "BO pri" and answer "y" to interact with ISL. At the ISL prompt, enter "hpux -is".

That should get you into single user mode. If you don't want to go to single user mode, just leave off the "-is".

Pete

Pete
unixdaddy
Trusted Contributor

It all most sounds as if the boot parameters aren't on the disk. I would put in a specific path to boot from or just to test boot from the CDROM.